SMS Introduction Training For Small to Medium Organisations
With SMS we have a set of regulations, which allow Industry to establish best-practice that fits different cultures and place the main emphasis and duty on improving safety performance. This requires a real “team effort” as regulator and airline are all part of one large system. Working as a team it will be possible to improve an already highly impressive safety record, and allow organisations to conduct more of their own oversight and assurance. This 1 day training course which is focused on the specific challenges faced by Small and Medium sized organizations develops the understanding of the organisations responsibility and how the key managers and executives can play a role in assisting to deliver a strong SMS system.
DETAILED CONTENT / TOPICS (the following subjects will be addressed) –
To improve safety within the aviation Industry and specifically provide Quality and Safety Managers with:
-Sufficient knowledge to understand how an SMS can work effectively within their small to medium company and what is required to make this happen,
- An understanding of new concepts and Industry best-practice, an understanding of their own roles and responsibilities within an SMS and how they can contribute to improving safety performance,
- The opportunity and the skills required to draft an implementation plan, lead and participate in an SMS implementation team,
- The motivation and knowledge to contribute fully towards a continuous improvement in safety performance.
- General Introduction
- The Evolution of Safety Thinking
- Components of an SMS System
- ICAO Introduction / SMS Introduction
- Gap Analysis
- Developing Organisational roles in support or our Safety Management System, Action Groups, Safety Review Board and the role of Safety Reps.
- The Five Fundamentals of Safety Risk Management
- Understanding the stages of effectively managing and measuring risk, through assessment techniques.
- Developing the Training Program
- Managing SMS related Competencies
- Developing SMS management and Supporting Documentation.
- Understanding the responsibilities of the Safety Manager and the role of Quality Assurance and Safety Assurance in our Organisation
- Delivering a working SMS both cost effectively and ensuring we set and meet time constraints
- Effective Marketing and Raising Awareness
- Introduction to Emergency Response Planning
TARGET GROUPS -
This course is aimed at Key staff in small to medium sized organisations including Quality Managers, Safety Managers, Accountable Managers Post Holders and Managers.
A background in an aviation environment is an advantage together with an understanding of the role of the Quality Assurance, Safety Assurance and Quality Control process within the organization.
LEARNING OBJECTIVES –
After this Training attendees will:
- Fully understand the ICAO SMS Requirements and the intent behind them.
- Understand SMS concepts and principles.
- Develop ideas to improve the quantity and quality of safety data collected.
- Understand the usefulness and limitations of Risk Assessment methods, Clearly understand the options available, and their effectiveness, for reducing and eliminating risk.
- Develop ideas on how to improve Risk Reduction processes in their own company.
1 day – The training will commence at 09.00 and finish at 17.00, with appropriate refreshment breaks.
or Fax +359 29633166
Download the alert